Vegan Banana Pumpkin Muffins
I made some mini vegan banana pumpkin muffins because I figure they'd be great for a quick snack. Plus, my boys aren't going to eat a regular size muffin and the other half just sits there. You can definitely use this recipe to make regular size muffins. The cooking time would be a bit longer, though.
This recipe yields 48 mini muffins.
First things first. Gather all your ingredients.
-2 cups of flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-3/4 teaspoon baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
-1/4 teaspoon ginger
-1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
-1/8 teaspoon cloves -3-4 overripe bananas
-2/3 cup pumpkin puree (check out the recipe here)
-1/3 cup maple syrup
-1/3 cup avocado oil (or choose another mild flavor oil of your liking)
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Along with the ingredients, grab yourself a big bowl, a small bowl, a whisk and a wooden spoon.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and spices.
3. Mash the bananas in a small bowl or plate.
4. Add the bananas, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract and oil to a small bowl and mix, mix, mix.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. I would switch to using a wooden spoon because the mixture will thicken up.
6. After all ingredients are combined into a nice texture, scoop into the muffin tin. You can use liners if you'd like. I didn't have any on hand, so I just put it directly into the tin.
7. Put the muffins in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. If you're using the regular size muffin tins, I would let them bake for 25 minutes. Check with a toothpick and if it comes out clean, they're done! Let them cool on a cooling rack for ten minutes.
8. Enjoy them! They remind me of the little bites snacks!
Tried this recipe? Tell me your thoughts by commenting below! Feel free to share!